Lupita Nyong’o Covers Glamour Magazine’s December 2014 Issue, Talks About Chimamanda Adichie’s ‘Americanah’

                         lupita-nyongo-by-tom-munro-for-glamour-december-2014

Kenyan Hollywood actress Lupita Nyong’o has been off the radar for a while so we are glad to see her on the cover of Glamour Magazine’s December 2014 issue.

The 31 year old actress, who was basically unknown two years ago, has now become one of the few African Hollywood actresses that the world has their eyes one.

With a spectacular performance in 12 Years a Slave, her first major movie role, Lupita has bagged key roles in two upcoming movies – Jungle Book and Star Trek: Episode VII.

Also listed as part of her future project is the film version of the novel ‘Americanah’ by Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

According to reports, Lupita Nyong’o will take the lead female role and star as Ifemelu, a young Nigerian woman who migrates to America and starts blogging about race in her adopted country.

Lupita states that she can’t wait to start working on it. For the movie she has teamed up with Brad Pitt and his Plan B Entertainment to make the film version of ‘Americanah.’

lupita-nyongo-by-tom-munro-for-glamour-december-2014-2lupita-nyongo-by-tom-munro-for-glamour-december-2014-3lupita-nyongo-by-tom-munro-for-glamour-december-2014-4
                     How Lupita Nyong'o Learned She Is Beautiful
Read excerpts of her chat with Glamour Magazine below!
Glamour: Over the past year you’ve gone from being virtually unknown to winning an Academy Award for your first major motion-picture role. How has your life changed?
Lupita Nyong’o: This is actually a conversation I look forward to having in 10 years, when all of this is behind me and I have some real perspective on what happened—because right now I’m still adjusting. I guess I feel catapulted into a different place; I have a little whiplash…. I did have a dream to be an actress, but I didn’t think about being famous. And I haven’t yet figured out how to be a celebrity; that’s something I’m learning, and I wish there were a course on how to handle it. I have to be aware that my kinesphere may be larger than I want it to be.
Glamour: While you were making 12 Years a Slave, did you have a sense of the impact it would have?
LN: I knew that it was going to be a powerful story, but I definitely did not think about the impact it would have on my life. I was too busy thinking, How on earth am I going to make it through filming a movie with these heavy hitters? I wanted to rise to the occasion.
Glamour: You’ve become a role model for many girls—black girls in particular. Who were your role models, growing up?
LN: Oprah played a big role in my understanding of what it meant to be female and to really step into your own power. I wouldn’t even call her a role model; she was literally a reference point. You have the dictionary, you have the Bible, you have Oprah.
Photo Credit: Glamour Magazine




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical nude pic of football legends Pelé & Franz Beckenbauer

#HeinekenLFDW2015 –Orange Culture