Melissa Rivers Makes First Public Appearance Since Joan Rivers's Death

                           Melissa Rivers Makes First Public Appearance Since Joan Rivers's Death

Nearly two months after the unexpected death of comedy icon Joan Rivers, her daughter, Melissa, made her first public appearance for a very appropriate cause: grief support.

Rivers, 46, co-emceed the 21st Anniversary House of Hope Gala in Los Angeles on Saturday to help raise funds for Our House Grief Support Center, an organization she became involved with years ago due to the suicide of her father, Edgar Rosenberg.

"About seven weeks ago, I lost my mother," Rivers told the audience. "And I feel like I'm in the Hair Club for Men ad. Not only am I the ambassador, but I'm a client, too, now. It's a little awkward."

At that point, Rivers broke down in tears on stage, though she handled the moment just like her mother would have – with comedy.

"Does everyone know what the drag queen cry is? So you don't mess up your make-up, you have to lean over," she joked. "So I'm crying like a drag queen." 

Featuring a dance from Dancing with the Stars pros Karina Smirnoff and Tony Dovolani, the event helped shed light on the importance of seeking support after the death of a loved one, something Rivers plans to do for her son Cooper, 13, who was devastated by the loss of his grandmother. 

"I know my son is going to be going to Our House when he is ready," Rivers said. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical nude pic of football legends Pelé & Franz Beckenbauer

#HeinekenLFDW2015 –Orange Culture