Celine Dion sheds tears at the BMAs after her son surprises her with Icon Award


Music Legend, Celine Dion broke down in tears during her first televised singing performance since the death of her husband, after her eldest son René-Charles, made a surprise appearance on stage to present her with the Icon award during the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.

Celine who performed a cover of her late husband's favourite song, 'Queen's The Show Must Go On', was given a standing ovation by the crowd, but became overcome with emotion and broke down in tears after René-Charles emerged on stage with her award. Reflecting about the emotional moment on stage to ET, Celine said,

'To try to perform that song without collapsing was big enough. 'LAnd then I turned around and I saw my son. As a mother, I really, through this whole process of our new life, wanted to be strong.
I thought I was going to make it through the whole night without tears and show strength, and love won. I just collapsed. I'm very thankful for the award and proud of my family so much. You have to be strong, but I think it's important as well to not hold everything. I tried to hold it in front of my 5-year-old twins, but my 15-and-a-half year old beautiful son is old enough to understand.
Even though I did not want to cry, he understands it's okay because it is therapeutic and you can't take so much pressure. You can take so much strength and weight on your shoulders, but sometimes you can't control everything.'
More photos..






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical nude pic of football legends Pelé & Franz Beckenbauer

#HeinekenLFDW2015 –Orange Culture